After substantial research and competitor analysis, the team decided to redesign a new UI (new functionalities, navigation, and style). In the past, the entire user interface reused Google Material Design components.
- Keep the interface simple and cool
- Encourage interaction
- Maintain consistency throughout Pearson products
I worked in Agile Sprint, and as a UI Designer, I collaborated with the Development Team and Instruction Designer, reporting directly to the Product Owner.
Moodboard & Strategy
After many meetings, we’ve built our communication strategy. The idea was to create an entire language, more playful and modern.
After a long brainstorming process, I’ve made almost 19 versions. This is the last one. In summary, flash + hat + star = practices, educational and timing.
Grid and Visual
PPE is on the 4 column grid (Android and iOS). Tablet version is working progress because I’m waiting for the implementation from the Development Team. In terms of branding, I’ve used palette and typography from our Design System, but also I’ve introduced new components.
Accessibility is an important requirement for an educational company. I've tested every single component on Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG).
I’ve designed an entire “microinteraction library”. I tried to duplicate all aspects of a good design process: trigger, rules, feedback, loop & mood (from Dan Saffer’s book “Microinteractions”).